cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Lagging/Slow Experience on Hololens

mbiegel
1-Newbie

Lagging/Slow Experience on Hololens

Hi Community,

I want to create an experience on hololens with an animated sequence. The PVZ file is not big at all (~13MB), but the experience is really slow and lagging - the model is loaded very slowly and the animation just works randomly and slow. Maybe the CAD is to complex ( too many polygons?). Does anybody have a solution to solve this issue? That would be great.

Thanks in advance

Marco

3 REPLIES 3
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:mbiegel)

Hi Marco,

When you imported your pvz file, did you run the CAD optimizer? If not, I would suggest running the optimizer and choosing the medium or low pvz resource. As a best practice, models should be limited to 200,000 polygons.

Hi Tara,

sorry, I did not mention. Yes, I´ve used the CAD optimizer and worked with the lowest output, but it did not help. Do you have a tool on your mind to reduce the number of polygons?

Thank You!

Regards,

Marco

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:mbiegel)

Hi Marco,

You can find the number of polygons within your model following the instructions in this thread: How to count number of polygons in a pvz file

Also check out slide 44 in the AR best practices guide for some additional optimization options.

Thingworx Studio - AR Best Practice 

Top Tags