cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Installation fail!!

jkim-61
1-Newbie

Installation fail!!

Hi, all..

I located Thingworx on \webapps. Then tomcat died.

my catalinalog

applicationlog.GIF

and application log. I think this is the cause.

appl.GIF

But I entered the path well.

li.GIF

also the license.bin is well located.

I've been looking for the cause for a few days. Help me

Ubuntu 14.04 / Thingworx7.4 / tomcat8.0.33 / postgresql 9.4 / java 1.8.0_92

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

Try creating a  setenv.sh file (refer to this post Configuring Tomcat startup settings without GUI) with the following contents (please adjust the paths to jre and license accordingly):

# Java Options

export JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dserver -Dd64 -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/extensions"

export JRE_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.8.0_112

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:jkim-61)

Are you storing your path along with the other variables in setenv.sh.file? How do you start the tomcat service? Are you using the distro installed tomcat or have you downloaded it from tomcat.apache.org?

It might be best to open a support ticket if it doesn't get resolved here soon -- for tracking purposes and to ensure we have a supporting article if needed.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

Try creating a  setenv.sh file (refer to this post Configuring Tomcat startup settings without GUI) with the following contents (please adjust the paths to jre and license accordingly):

# Java Options

export JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dserver -Dd64 -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/extensions"

export JRE_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.8.0_112

solved.

Thanks a lot.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:jkim-61)

Hi

in addition to what Polina suggested it can be useful to execute ps -ef after starting tomcat but before it dies.

This would allow you to see the full java command that is actually started and you can then confirm if the expected -Djava.library.path is actualy loaded with the correct full path.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Top Tags