cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Not able to download azure iot connector

rad1
9-Granite

Not able to download azure iot connector

Did anyone download AZURE IOT CONNECTOR EXTENSION from ThingWorx IoT Marketplace.

There is an error when trying to submit.

Any resources on Thingworx web sites or Internet on using this connector and modeling entities in ThingWorx composer?

Any resources on ThingWorx Edge .NET SDK?

Thanks,

Rad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cdovholuk
6-Contributor
(To:rad1)

I think you chose the "THINGWORX PLATFORM" and not "THINGWORX CONNECTION SERVER" link.

If you open that one up instead - you'll find it here:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Rad, as far as I know you'll need to fill out a request form to get access to this extension as it appears to be not yet fully released. May be someone here has different thought on the release plan.

cdovholuk
6-Contributor

I am looking into this now.  I'll post back when I get an answer for you.

cdovholuk
6-Contributor
(To:cdovholuk)

The Azure Connector product is now posted on the support portal. It's currently under ThingWorx Connection Server -> Release 7.4 -> ThingWorx Azure IoT Connector -> Most Recent Datecode -> Datecode: F000 -> ThingWorx-Azure-IoT-Hub-Connector-2-0-0 (37 MB)

The extension is not something I am familiar with. I have asked around and if I get some details I will reply back.

There is no need to use the ThingWorx Edge .NET SDK for this product. The Azure Connector is a server that bridges the ThingWorx platform and Azure. It's specifically useful for when the ThingWorx Edge SDK is not an option or when there is an existing Azure solution you're trying to integrate with.  If using the ThingWorx Edge SDK is an option - you might not need Azure.

Hope this helps

rad1
9-Granite

This is what one can see on this page: ThingWorx IoT Marketplace with a green button to "Get this Extension"

I can see that the current version is 1.0.0 release date May 1, 2017

I could not find a link you were refereeing to in this post as it can be seen in the image at the bottom.

COMING SEPTEMBER 2017!

The ThingWorx Azure IoT Connector allows devices that use the Azure IoT Hub and Event SDKs to work with the ThingWorx Connection Server and ThingWorx Foundation.  This extension supplies an Azure IoT protocol adapter which enables secure connectivity to your Azure tenant. 

Once configured, the developer can model Azure IoT data within the ThingWorx Thing Model through Properties, Services, Events and Subscriptions.  ThingWorx Edge SDKs are not required for use within Azure to enable this integration.

Specs

Release Date:May 1, 2017
Last Updated:May 1, 2017
Current Version:1.0.0
Software Application Type:Extension
Requirements:

ThingWorx 8.0 or greater, Microsoft Azure account

Thingworx Azure Iot Hub connector.jpg

cdovholuk
6-Contributor

I think you chose the "THINGWORX PLATFORM" and not "THINGWORX CONNECTION SERVER" link.

If you open that one up instead - you'll find it here:

rad1
9-Granite

Yes, I missed that.

Thanks a lot.

Rad

cdovholuk
6-Contributor

Note that this might get moved to "Release 8.1" instead of "Release 7.4". If you can find it under "Release 7.4" please look for it under "Release 8.1"    

Top Tags