cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Navigate - MPM Link contents

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

Navigate - MPM Link contents

Hi,

Is there any chance to bring the MPM Link contents to Navigate app.

Have anyone tried?

Regards,

Thadeus.D

14 REPLIES 14

Yes. we have done some prototyping. It should be similar to exposing any PDMLink content. What is your specific use case?

Thanks,

Varathan

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member
(To:vranganathan)

We have created some contents in MPM Link. But as far as content delivery still we are making PDF and delivering to the Technicians.

If I have the possibility of creating a simple User Interface with the contents from MPM Link, it would be great.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need some more details.

By the way we installed Thingworx Navigate in our own server. Let me know if you need some system details.

Regards,

Thadeus.D

We have done the prototyping to make work instructions available in the app. User should able to view the animation as well with the help of Creo Widget. I have used the widget over a year back. Lot of issues were resolved since. It should be pretty straight forward.

Thanks,

Varathan

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

Awesome.

Can you please share any help files, widgets or any other information's regarding this.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Thadeus.D

The widget you need is CREO View extension widget and you should be getting it with Navigate if I remember correctly. As I said the version I used was more than one year and it had lot of bugs. Those were resolved in later releases. Other than it is matter of using REST services from Windchill. We used Swagger to expose the JAVA method as web service.

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

Thanks Varathan for your reply.

We have navigate (Package Version 1.5.0) installed in our own server.

If you have some step by step guide, can you please share with me.

Regards,

Thadeus

I don't have any document. I put together something in ad hoc for demo. It is like publishing any other service in Windchill and consuming in your mashups. Building Mashups is up to your requirements / imagination.

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

Varathan, Can you please help me to create a simple mashup with a mbom and related Creo View output from MPM Link.

What release of Thingworx and MPM Link you are using? The solution may differ based on the release.

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

ThingWorx 8.0.1-b39

11.0 M030-CPS01

You should able to use Industrial Connectors. You can use WindchillSwaggerConnector or ODataConnector. I am not sure how much work is done on MPMLink side to take advantage of ODataConnector yet. With WindchillSwaggerConnector you should able to connect to end points in Windchill. There are Windchill documentation available to expose service as end point using Swagger (check help section). Follow that  to expose your required service with wrapper which can annotate for Swagger. Windchill Connector should able to see that from Thingworx.

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

Varathan, I never used WindchillSwaggerConnector or ODataConnector as of now. Is there any way I get some help in this.

Regards,

Thadeus.D

Ok. That is good starting point. Reach out Technical Support. They should able to help you by creating a case.

Thanks,

Varathan

I replied to your email.

Thanks,

Varathan

Top Tags