cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Cannot run Thingworx(log files attached)

kjung
1-Newbie

Cannot run Thingworx(log files attached)

Hello everyone,

I am a complete beginner trying to run Thingworx(trial version) on my local machine.

I have followed all the instructions on Installing_ThingWorx_8.0_1.0_.pdf which is provided in the ZIP file.

Maybe I have done something wrong, but I cannot figure out what is going on.

I wish someone can help me with this process.

While finding for solution, I noticed many of the answers requested log files.

So I have attached two log files that seem related with the error hoping it might expedite the answering process.

I hope I am not making stupid mistake exposing my security by uploading the log files but I am desperately in need of help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kjung
1-Newbie
(To:ytella)

Thank you for your reply Yamini.

Actually, I think I have solved this issue.

I was using JDK 9 and I replaced it with JDK 8.

Meanwhile, I removed all the relevant files and lost license.bin for trial version.

I have posted another question: how to redeem trial license after deleting the previous one?

If you can help me with this post, I would sincerely appreciate it, but it's fine if you cannot.

Sorry for the confusion.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:kjung)

Hi Kyujin jung,

Could you please share the application.log located in the ThingworxStorage/logs directory?

kjung
1-Newbie

Thank you for your reply Yamini.

Actually, I think I have solved this issue.

I was using JDK 9 and I replaced it with JDK 8.

Meanwhile, I removed all the relevant files and lost license.bin for trial version.

I have posted another question: how to redeem trial license after deleting the previous one?

If you can help me with this post, I would sincerely appreciate it, but it's fine if you cannot.

Sorry for the confusion.

kjung
1-Newbie

In case JDK version is not the issue, this is the application log.

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Kyujin jung,

As per my knowledge the license file is part of the on premise download package available from the Developers Portal. Have you deleted the license file from that download package?

kjung
1-Newbie

Hello Yamini,

thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I have deleted the download package itself.

Do you think it is possible for me to obtain a new trial edition if I use another machine?

and would it be possible to transfer it to the original machine I am working with?

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi Kyujin jung,

I think, in this case, you might need to contact your sales representative to get more information on the trial edition.

kjung
1-Newbie

Hello Yamini,

I see. I am actually waiting an email form the support team. Thank you very much for your help.

Top Tags