cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Thingworx Installation Troubleshoot(Logfiles attached)

kjung
1-Newbie

Thingworx Installation Troubleshoot(Logfiles attached)

Hello everyone,

I am having issue with Thingworx Installation.

I have literally been trying to install Thingworx for 3 days and still cannot figure a thing out.

I have tried almost everything that is posted on the developer community and have tried to reinstall everything over 30 times.

Here are details:

CPU: i5-6500

Mem: 16gb

Versions:

Apache Tomcat/8.5.23

Thingworx-Platform-H2-8.0.0-b11

Java SE 8u144

JAVA option:

-Dserver -Dd64

-XX:+UseG1GC

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Djava.library.path=D:\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions

/* I am using (D:) for installation instead of (C:) because (C:)  is a SSD(128gb) and I only use it for Windows. */

Below is the problem I am currently facing:

04-Oct-2017 14:46:33.433 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more Filters failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file

04-Oct-2017 14:46:33.433 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/Thingworx] startup failed due to previous errors

04-Oct-2017 14:46:33.748 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [D:\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx.war] has finished in [44,593] ms

ntext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4745)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5207)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:752)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:988)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1860)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Here are things I have tried:

Tomcat 9

Tomcat 8.0.46

JAVA 7

Trying different versions simply led me to different problems.

I would appreciate any kind of help/advice.

Thank you everyone in advance.

P.S.

19. Go to the location of the Tomcat installation and open the server.xml file in the conf folder. For example, C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\conf\server.xml

Replace HTTP/1.1 with protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"

I believe this mean go to server.xml and remove <!-- and --> from

<!--

<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"

maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true">

<SSLHostConfig>

<Certificate certificateKeystoreFile="conf/localhost-rsa.jks"

type="RSA" />

</SSLHostConfig>

</Connector>

-->

This part. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:kjung)

Hi Kyujin, does ThingworxPlatform contain the logs? if yes could you check those and may be share the errors from those logs here? I think you are meeting the requirements, except on using Tomcat 9 which is not yet supported.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Kyujin, does ThingworxPlatform contain the logs? if yes could you check those and may be share the errors from those logs here? I think you are meeting the requirements, except on using Tomcat 9 which is not yet supported.

kjung
1-Newbie
(To:supandey)

Hello Sushant,

Thank you for a quick response.

The log folder in /ThingworxStorage is empty.

I have attached updated Tomcat8.5/logs. There are some changes.

stderr:

04-Oct-2017 14:46:33.748 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [D:\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx.war] has finished in [44,593] ms

ntext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4745)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5207)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:752)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:988)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1860)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

stdout:

17:43:14.677 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR c.t.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper - [message: The system cannot find the path specified]

java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified

at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_144]

at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]

at com.thingworx.platform.security.keystore.ThingworxKeyStore.createKeyStorePasswordFile(ThingworxKeyStore.java:87) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.system.configuration.PlatformSettings.<init>(PlatformSettings.java:508) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.system.configuration.PlatformSettings.getInstance(PlatformSettings.java:803) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper.contextInitialized(ThingWorxBootstrapper.java:76) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4745) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5207) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:752) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:728) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:988) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1860) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

17:43:14.793 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR E.c.t.s.a.HAAuthenticationFilter - Failed to initialize HA Authentication

java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified

at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_144]

at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]

at com.thingworx.platform.security.keystore.ThingworxKeyStore.createKeyStorePasswordFile(ThingworxKeyStore.java:87) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.system.configuration.PlatformSettings.<init>(PlatformSettings.java:508) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.system.configuration.PlatformSettings.getInstance(PlatformSettings.java:803) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.security.authentication.HAAuthenticationFilter.init(HAAuthenticationFilter.java:36) ~[thingworx-platform-common-8.0.0-b11.jar:na]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:285) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:266) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:108) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4591) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5233) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:752) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:728) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:988) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1860) [catalina.jar:8.5.23]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_144]

kjung
1-Newbie

Also, I did try using Tomcat 9 but I am currently using Tomcat 8.5

kjung
1-Newbie

Hello Sushant,

I don't know why, but something magical happened.

All of a sudden, I managed to open ThingWorx Composer.

Thank you very much for your response.

kyujin

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Wonderful! Though curious to know what was changed?

kjung
1-Newbie

I am not sure.

I checked my logs to update the post and just gave it a try for the last time, then it just happened.

I am sorry I cannot explain it further.

Maybe I had to give some time for the computer to figure things out between installation and lauch.

Top Tags