cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Sending parameters through URL

rmasoud1
1-Newbie

Sending parameters through URL

Hi,

So I want to use a thingworx url with parameters that will open up the mashup and have those parameters passed to java code I have set up to fill the mashup with data.

First, I go to the url and have the parameters sent to a service in Thingworx. (This is what I am thinking).

Then, send that parameters to the java code and run it. (This is where I am not sure if I can do).

Any other ideas?

I need to be able to do everything by just going to the url.

Thanks,

Rami

1 REPLY 1
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:rmasoud1)

Check out the Thingworx Extension Development Guide here: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp?p=browse_results&Product=ThingWorx&Release=&DocType=

You can use the Extension SDK to develop a Resource extension (or a Thing extension, either will work) to create and expose Java functions to the Thingworx platform; this will expose a Thingworx service that can take in your parameters and pass them  to your Java code via a REST call, similar to what you described. There is an Eclipse plugin on the marketplace that greatly helps with creating these types of extensions, here: ThingWorx IoT Marketplace

Top Tags