cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to append the text to the TextArea Widget?

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

How to append the text to the TextArea Widget?

Hello ,

I have a scenario where i need to append the text to textarea widget based on the click events on the grid row and the list row.

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:sbt)

You could try creating a custom service that would take the input as the current content of your textarea widget, then add another string to it.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:posipova)

Hello Polina,

Yes i did that but seems like i am missing something, i am not able to get it. Below is the screen shot.

jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:sbt)

Use the expression widget, this way you will reduce network traffic. It should have to inputs, one from the text area text attribute (call it input1) and one for the text you want to append (input2). The output should be a string and the exprerssion should be Output = input1 + input2, which should be bound to the text area text attribute. Evaluate the expression on the clicked event.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:jamesm1)

James,

Yes i have used expression widget but the output is not getting with concatenated string. If i use separate text control insted of selected row of a grid, it works fine. But when i try with a selected row of a grid as per below i get undefined as the output.

is it that i am not getting the selected row properly. below is the grid bindings

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:jamesm1)

Also just to add up, i tried with a Basic Grid widget, It worked. But i have used Advanced Grid,same mapping doesn't work.  so am i missing something..??

Top Tags