cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

cant build package with maven in tutorial with raspberry pi weather app

OlavBorgmästars
1-Newbie

cant build package with maven in tutorial with raspberry pi weather app

Cant build package with "mvn package"

5 REPLIES 5

I am having the same issue when I try maven on the Raspberry Pi itself. When I run maven on Mac OS X, the error does not happen.

The error I see on the Pi is:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project temperature-thing: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.ptcmanaged.thingworx:temperature-thing:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at com.thingworxs:thingworx-common:jar:5.0.0: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.thingworxs:thingworx-common:jar:5.0.0: Could not transfer artifact com.thingworxs:thingworx-common:pom:5.0.0 from/to ptc-managed-services-public (http://maker01.cloud.thingworx.com/mvnrepo): maker01.cloud.thingworx.com: Unknown host maker01.cloud.thingworx.com

Appreciate some help here.

jamesso
10-Marble
(To:jamesso)

In this thread:

How to resolve the problem of apache-maven

I found out about manually installing the missing file -- see Stephen Harmon's reply

I found on ThingWorx MarketPlace, the Protocol Adapter SDK and the zip file you can download there has the missing jar file:

thingworx-common-5.4.0.b445.jar

in it.

I then edited and executed the install-thingworx-jar.sh script to insert the jar in my .m2 local repo.

After that the mvn package worked on the Pi itself to create the jar that feeds data from the AM2302 sensor connected to the Pi up to the ThingWorx academic cloud.

tss
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:jamesso)

Thanks for the info.. Took a long time to figure it out.

Now solved..Smiley Happy

lucky2004alex
5-Regular Member
(To:tss)

Can anyome manage to complete this project?

I followed the steps provided by jamesso
And added missing jar file manually..
It took couple of hours to go through but was doable..
Where are you stuck up?
Top Tags