cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unable to create a user via a script

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Unable to create a user via a script

Hi,

I'm unable to create a user as part of a service as it fails due to a permissions issue.

error = JavaException: java.lang.Exception: Import Failed: Not authorized for Create

What I don't understand is that the user has the rights to call my wrapping script, and the Entity Services allow the System user to execute services

I thought that if my user had the run time permission to call the wrapping service then the fact that the EntityServices allows the System user this would allow the wrapped service  Resources["EntityServices"].CreateUser(userParams); to be called. Is my understanding not correct?

I also added my user's group to the runtime permissions for the Resources at the collection level

but this seemed to have no effect at all. does anyone know where I might be going wrong?

Thanks,

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:khayes1)

I believe you should be able to give the System user design time create to make this work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
khayes1
13-Aquamarine

I should add that the outer service also allows the System user permission to execute services

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

Hi, I think I have the solution. I had forgotten to give the user the correct Design Time (CRUD) permissions.

For some reason I just assumed that they applied only to the Thingworx Composer and not run time operations.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I believe you should be able to give the System user design time create to make this work.

khayes1
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks for the confirmation. Took your advice, it all seems to be working fine now.

Top Tags