cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Send mail for every 30 seconds

AkshayKumar
10-Marble

Send mail for every 30 seconds

Hi, I am trying to get mail updates of my Properties for every 30 seconds. I used "Timer template" and In subscription i have selected event as "Data change" and the script is as shown in the pics i uploaded...but i am not receiving Any mail but i it testing correctly in  "Send sms" in Mail service and " enable timer"..please suggest me how to do it!!

4 REPLIES 4

Hi AkshayaKumar, Could you please verify if the SMTP Server port field and POP3 Server Port field has the correct values? I think you may need to configure the corporate mail server to accept mail from ThingWorx. However, Gmail does not have this restriction and will work. See the below screenshot for an example:

i checked it in "SendMessage" service,, its worked properly but when i tried to put in Subscription using Timer as my uploaded screenshot, i am not getting any mail regarding "Datachange event". I think that script may be wrong can you please check that script in  screenshot and suggest me where i went wrong, i am not much familiar with Java script. 

You have now subscribed to the DataChange event of the tempC property, but if you want the subscription to fire every 30 seconds you need to subscribe to your timer thing Node_timer. So in noderedtut the subscription source needs to be Node_timer and event type should be Timer.

Also, I believe the var result = Things["Node_timer"].GetPropertyValues(); line is not needed.

Its worked....Thank you very much

Top Tags