cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

User Creation issue

pbaierl
1-Newbie

User Creation issue

I am working on a service to create users.  I continually get the error below:

I have the following permissions set for the System User.  I have a thing with a service that then calls the CreateUser from EntityServices.

Which permissions am I missing to allow my users to create new users?

I removed visibility for the everyone group for almost all of the collections.  I am not sure if this is causing my issue or not. It doesn't seem to be the issue as I am getting a permissions issue not a visibility or entity does not exist error in the log.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

11 REPLIES 11
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:pbaierl)

Have you added the collection permission to the persistence provider?

Yes, with the same results.  I added runtime and debug permissions for System User. 

posipova
20-Turquoise

The user you are trying to create new users with is not an administrator, correct? Aside from the permission on the system user, your regular user needs visibility to the persistence provider and visibility on entityservices.

Correct, I am trying to create a standard user with no permissions at this point.  I am checking on the visibility of the entityservices and persistence provider now.

No luck.  I have added visibility for everyone to access EntityServices and Persistence Provider.  I get the same error. 

posipova
20-Turquoise

I've just tested it on my system and it worked - you do also need design time permissions on your standard user for the User Collection permissions.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

Thanks Polina! 

That was the issue, I did not have create permissions set on the user's collection permissions.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Glad you got it working!

Top Tags