cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Dynamic "query" parameter for QueryDataTableEntries service in DataTable

ssubba-2
1-Newbie

Dynamic "query" parameter for QueryDataTableEntries service in DataTable

Hi,

I am still new to this and stuck trying to bind a widget(repeater) to a datatable, datatable service i want to use is "QueryDataTableEntries" service so I can get the required rows for the repeater, but I am not able to figure out a way to make the “query” input to the service dynamic. Basically i would want the "query" parameter in "QueryDataTableEntries " to take the value from selected row in a List widget. Would  anyone  be able to point me to some article or any link our there? I tried the community, could not find anything there.  Any help would be much appreciated.

What I am trying to do is this:

1. I have a "Location" datatable hosting location like LocA, Loc B etc.

2. "House" datatable has the house information along with field indicating LocA or LocB

3. In the mashup, I need a dropdown that shows Loc A and Loc B.  This I can populate from the "Location" datatable.

4. Now, in the mashup I need a house grid which should display all the house rows from "House" datatable for the location selected in the Location dropdown(which is populated from the location datatable).

1 REPLY 1

You should build a wrapper service for QueryDataTableEntries which accepts your specific imputs ( Location and alike ) and inside the code of this wrapper service build the Query format for QueryDataTableEntries parameter.

Top Tags