cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Issues with dropdownArrow, DefaultMapMarkerIcon and SubsystemNotRunning when I limit user visibility.

ptc-4770640
1-Newbie

Issues with dropdownArrow, DefaultMapMarkerIcon and SubsystemNotRunning when I limit user visibility.

I removed Users group from Everyone organization. Now many entities are not found, as expected. I proceed to manually turn on visibility for each entity that the user needs. But I run into problems for these system entities: dropdownArrow, DefaultMapMarkerIcon and SubsystemNotRunning. I cannot edit them since they are "System" objects. But the user can't "see" them either. What do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob, when you search for that entity, the last column with the lock icon deals with visibility and permissions. Once you click on that, you can edit Visibility, Design Time and Run Time permissions. If you want to modify the entire collection permissions for, say all Things, it works the same way - in the Composer home screen, if you hover over 'Things', you should see the green plus icon (Add New Thing) and lock icon (Collection Permission).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rob, when you search for that entity, the last column with the lock icon deals with visibility and permissions. Once you click on that, you can edit Visibility, Design Time and Run Time permissions. If you want to modify the entire collection permissions for, say all Things, it works the same way - in the Composer home screen, if you hover over 'Things', you should see the green plus icon (Add New Thing) and lock icon (Collection Permission).

Top Tags