cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

What is the connection between thingworx - navigate - windchill? Why is thingworx required for navigate installation? I am still a beginner in thingworx and haven't been able to find out what exactly is the connection between these three. Can you help me

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

What is the connection between thingworx - navigate - windchill? Why is thingworx required for navigate installation? I am still a beginner in thingworx and haven't been able to find out what exactly is the connection between these three. Can you help me

As far my understanding thingworx is an umbrella under which thingworx studio is used to create experiences and thingworx view is used to visualize these experiences as a part of augmented reality. But what is the use of thingworx core and why is it a requirement to install navigate? I understood navigate is used to make windchill end users to access windchill data/objects easily. But what is thingworx core doing here in between? How is it connected? I am missing link here, please help.

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:Vinay_S)

Hello, Vinay S.

This is not a simple question but I'll take a stab at starting to provide an answer, at least.

Where ThingWorx fits in the Navigate architecture is to provide a basis for the User Interface as seen through Navigate. Windchill itself has an expansive and sometimes overwhelming interface, in the sense that a lot of data is supplied and often more than is necessary for a particular use case.

What ThingWorx does is pull appropriate data from Windchill and then integrate that into display mashups that are more specific to particular tasks; i.e. it acts as a smart filtering mechanism. And once the data is pulled into ThingWorx other tools can be brought to bear on it; visualization via ThingWorx Studio and analysis via ThingWorx Analytics to name a couple.

Does this help at least starting to fill in the gaps?

Thanks!

-- Craig A.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:Vinay_S)

Hello, Vinay S.

This is not a simple question but I'll take a stab at starting to provide an answer, at least.

Where ThingWorx fits in the Navigate architecture is to provide a basis for the User Interface as seen through Navigate. Windchill itself has an expansive and sometimes overwhelming interface, in the sense that a lot of data is supplied and often more than is necessary for a particular use case.

What ThingWorx does is pull appropriate data from Windchill and then integrate that into display mashups that are more specific to particular tasks; i.e. it acts as a smart filtering mechanism. And once the data is pulled into ThingWorx other tools can be brought to bear on it; visualization via ThingWorx Studio and analysis via ThingWorx Analytics to name a couple.

Does this help at least starting to fill in the gaps?

Thanks!

-- Craig A.

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:CRArko)

Mr. Craig Arko

Thank you for this short but effective answer. I got the missing link here.

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
Top Tags