cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is it possible to do integration between ThingWorx and Microsoft Dynamics?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Is it possible to do integration between ThingWorx and Microsoft Dynamics?

Microsoft Dynamics is a line of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software applications.

If not possible directly then is integration through third party app/plugin possible?

4 REPLIES 4

I am not an expert in Thingworx, but I know that it can very easily call any RESTful API. It seems like Microsoft have added a RESTful API to their 2016 version of Dynamics CRM.

The MS Dynamics ERP does not have a RESTful API, so you might be able to use the SQL database connector from the marketplace. This connector will allow you to query data from the database, I am not sure if you will want or even be able to write to the database. Bear in mind that "integration through a database" is difficult to get right and generally a bad idea for integrating off-the-shelf products.

Did you get this working?

Wow.  I can't believe it's been a year since I posed this question.

Yes.  We have it working now. We created a thing template to connect to Microsoft O Data and then a thing with a service that passes in parameters to Dynamics CRM API.

Would you be willing to add some detail around the thing template you created to connect to Microsoft O Data?  I think I have the Azure side figured out as far as keys and application permissions.

Top Tags