cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to install UploadThing into Thingworx core docker container?

zhuwenxi
11-Garnet

How to install UploadThing into Thingworx core docker container?

I have installed a Thingworx platform docker and analytics server into a ubuntu os with docker. And I want to use Analytic Builder to create some dataset. So Uploadthing is needed.

I'm new with docker, I don't know how to install uploadthing into my thingworx foundation docker? Is there someone can help? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:zhuwenxi)

Hi

The UploadThing module is not to be installed inside the ThingWorx docker container.

It shoudl be installed on the host machine.

The article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS272495  describes the steps to :

1) identify the ThingWorxStorage folder to give as input to the UploadThing installer (which is to be run on the local host machine not in the docker container)

2) Change some configuration (the user id and permission ) post installation

The article shows the steps when installing on a CentOS machine

I hope that clarifies things.

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mgoel
17-Peridot

HiZhu Wenxi​,

Is Your ThingWorx core and Analytics Running OK? You can find the Upload thing folder in the Analytics Extension zip Which you have imported in ThingWorx core. From that folder you need to run install.bat with administrator rights after that you will able to upload data in to builder.

Highlighted one is the Upload Thing folder. Unzip this and run the bat file.

Do let me now in case of any question.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

zhuwenxi
11-Garnet
(To:mgoel)

My Thingworx foundation is OK, and I have imported 'Thingworx-Analytics-8.0.0-Extension.zip' and works now.

But my Thingworx is running at docker, not windows, so I need to install UploadThing into Thingworx foundation docker image.

I failed to install it. The command I run shown in the captured sceen below.

Snipaste_2017-10-27_14-56-21.png

mgoel
17-Peridot

Hi Zhu Wenxi

Could you please check the Below article if this works for you.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS272495

Do let me know in case of any question.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

zhuwenxi
11-Garnet
(To:mgoel)

Thanks for your reply.

Your document only show how to adjust the user privilege after UploadThing installed.

But I still can not install it successfully.

I have already copied the installation files to '/var/lib/docker/volumes/ThingworxFoundationPostgresStorage/_data'.

Then I bash into Thingworx Foundation container and run 'sh ./install.sh', it will fail and show 'Must run this script with superuser privileges', because the default user is twadmin.

I bash into container using root user, and run install again. it tell 'sudo command  not found'. Then I install sudo inside the container and run installation again. Then it show the error below that I don't know why.

Snipaste_2017-10-31_16-49-03.png

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

The UploadThing module is not to be installed inside the ThingWorx docker container.

It shoudl be installed on the host machine.

The article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS272495  describes the steps to :

1) identify the ThingWorxStorage folder to give as input to the UploadThing installer (which is to be run on the local host machine not in the docker container)

2) Change some configuration (the user id and permission ) post installation

The article shows the steps when installing on a CentOS machine

I hope that clarifies things.

Kind regards

Christophe

After installing UploadThing on the host, and make some configuration according the article. It works now.

Thanks for your help.

Top Tags