cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Unable to Register All UI Resources : null

ptc-4395015
1-Newbie

Unable to Register All UI Resources : null

Hi Guys, I have a Thingworx 8.01 in a Linux, it used to be fine, but now if I login into composer, it redirect me to a blank page. I check my log and find few errors and hope I can get some advise!

Is it means some of my extension is mess up with my UI?

Thanks a lot!

2017-10-31 09:40:03.462-0500 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.e.m.AssociatedEntity] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Extension jar(s) were not found in lib/common directory of the extension. Looking in deprecated directory: lib/<EntityName>. Please update your extension's metadata.xml file to contain all JarResources in the ExtensionPackage element.

2017-10-31 09:40:03.802-0500 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.e.m.AssociatedEntity] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Extension jar(s) were not found in lib/common directory of the extension. Looking in deprecated directory: lib/<EntityName>. Please update your extension's metadata.xml file to contain all JarResources in the ExtensionPackage element.

2017-10-31 09:40:04.373-0500 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.m.ExtensionPackageManager] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable To Register All UI Resources : null

Best

Liwei

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-4395015)

Have you manually removed any of the extensions? This does look like one of the extensions is preventing the composer from loading properly.

Thanks for reply!!No I didn't manually removed any extensions....

Hello,

Some additional things I've noticed (I am the owner of the image):

Yesterday I ran a new image of the same configuration. I worked from home, where I connect my laptop to a wireless router by AT&T.

I bridged the image to my wireless network, and when the image loaded I got the following message:

“Network service discovery disabled. Your current network has a .local domain, which is not recommended and incompatible with the Avahi network service discovery. The service has been disabled.”

After that, the new image showed the same problems as the previous one - logging to Thingworx Composer from the image directly or from a browser on my machine leads to an empty page with the Tomcat icon in the browser tab. Switching to a different network (tethered, office, Starbucks, etc.) and restarting the VM did not work I also tried some resolution suggestions I found online - none worked. Since then, the VM TWX is unusable.

Looks like this is the cause for the image to break.

(By the way, the Experience Server on both machines works well)

I am still looking for two outcomes from this "adventure":

1. Restore work from the image I shared with Liwei. The data is important for a project I am working on.

2. Understand how to avoid the issue that causes the image to stop working properly.

Thank you for your help!

Top Tags