cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Getting error java.lang.Exception: Unable to initialize and start system: Unable to decode avatar content: Can't create cache file! while Thingworx 8.1 installation

rjaiswal-2
1-Newbie

Getting error java.lang.Exception: Unable to initialize and start system: Unable to decode avatar content: Can't create cache file! while Thingworx 8.1 installation

Hi,

I am getting following error while installing Thingworx 8.1.war for postgreSQL on Tomcat 8.0.44 server in my system:

java.lang.Exception: Unable to initialize and start system: Unable to decode avatar content: Can't create cache file!

I installed postgreSQL9.4.5 in my system and done all setups for thingworx perfectly like creation of its tablespace, database and tables. Also I provided full read/write access permission on ThingworxPlatform, ThingworxPostgresqlStorage and ThingworxStorage.

I kept licence binary file under ThingworxPlatform folder. As per stated in Thingworx 8.1 installation guide I downloaded this licence file and made entry for LicensingConnectionSettings in platform-settings.json. (Please find all attachments)

Despite of all these setups I am getting above mentioned error.

Can anyone please help me to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rohit Kumar Jaiswal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:rjaiswal-2)

Hi Rohit,

There is error in the application logs :

2017-11-09 17:05:12.437+0100 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.e.u.UIResourceUtilities] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\temp\index.html750648625249426041.tmp

Please clear the temp folder and work folder for tomcat and restart the service.

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

Greetings Rohit,

Could you please provide the application logs ?

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

Carles Coll and Hi Himesh,

If I am not wrong we are able to get application logs when Thingworx installed in the system and we work on it. Still I unable to deploy Thingworx 8.1.war on Tomcat 8.0.44 server in my Windows system due to mentioned error in last post.

Anyway I am sanding all log files of tomcat server. I think It may help you.

Thank you

Regards,

Rohit K Jaiswal

Hi Rohit, I have no experience with 8.X for now, I can't help here, hope in the near future we go onto 8.X.

hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

HI Rohit,

You can check the Thingworx Storage folder for the logs . When the tomcat starts to deploy thingworx.war , the logs are generated .

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

Prashant Iyer, Hi Himesh,

As requested please find attached ApplicationLog.log of ThingworxStorage logs folder and let me know what I did wrong in this installation. I got stuck due to this.

Thank you in advance for your kind support.

From,

Rohit K. Jaiswal

hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

Hi Rohit,

There is error in the application logs :

2017-11-09 17:05:12.437+0100 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.e.u.UIResourceUtilities] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\temp\index.html750648625249426041.tmp

Please clear the temp folder and work folder for tomcat and restart the service.

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

Thank you Himesh. It works.

Top Tags