cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Navigate outside Mashup to external application

rtaylor-3
1-Newbie

Navigate outside Mashup to external application

Greetings,

Do any Thingworx widgets allow you to navigate to an external web application?

For example, click a button to go to another web application

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:rtaylor-3)

That depends on what you'd call another web app.

If you want to redirect to another URL with a Button, just add a link widget into the mashup, hide it, and bind the click event of the button to navigate service of link widget.

Or you can create a new responsive mashup, put the web frame widget into it and call that mashup with navigation widget which is more or less a button.

Be careful though, since web frame widget is basically HTML iframe, some sites will not work in it. Hope I helped.

Tomas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tcoufal
12-Amethyst

That depends on what you'd call another web app.

If you want to redirect to another URL with a Button, just add a link widget into the mashup, hide it, and bind the click event of the button to navigate service of link widget.

Or you can create a new responsive mashup, put the web frame widget into it and call that mashup with navigation widget which is more or less a button.

Be careful though, since web frame widget is basically HTML iframe, some sites will not work in it. Hope I helped.

Tomas

Ok....feeling pretty dumb right now. I was so focused on the Navigation widget, i didn't see the Link widget.

Thanks.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

That happens to all of us from time to time

Glad I helped.

Top Tags