cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

First login use a specific mashup

Darryl
4-Participant

First login use a specific mashup

Hi All

I am trying to find out if it is possible that when my users first login and complete the entries of specific required fields that the next time they go straight to my main page.

Anyone know how this might be done?

Thanks

Darryl

9 REPLIES 9
TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:Darryl)

Hello Darryl Sawyer,

If you are talking about auto-redirection on second login,hope below thread helps you.

Mashup flashing while redirecting

Regards,

Tarun Nayyar

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Using a script, User Extension Property and some Contained Mashups, you can use that to figure out if it is the User's first time, and then swap the contained mashup to the 'initial setup' one. (You can dynamically assign a Mashup name to a contained mashup space in runtime)

Darryl
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Hi Pai

Thanks, I get how to check the last login time to see if user has logged in before.

But I not sure how to use a contained mashup?  Could you elaborate on that for me?

Thanks

Darryl

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Take a look at this post, I hope that explains some of the possible and how to do it.

Passing Values to Contained Mashups that Dynamically change

Darryl
4-Participant

Thanks Pai

But I am coming directly from FormLogin to a page on a mobile phone. Not sure how I would institute a contained mashup into that scenario?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Your Main mashup to which a user is redirected is nothing more than a Mashup with a contained mashup dropped into it.

When the user gets to the page, Mashup Loaded fires a service that resolves which mashup should be shown, that comes back as a MashupName or String and is assigned to the Contained Mashup "name" property.

Darryl
4-Participant

Thanks again Pai

I now understand the Contain Mashup principal.

But now I am not sure how to implement the service against it?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

What do you have difficulty with in regards to the service?

It is just a service that runs on mashup load, retrieves some user information (currentsessioninfo resource has services) and then returns a 'String' as it's output back to the mashup.

Darryl
4-Participant

And then I use that output string as the "entityName" to determine which mashup to load?

Top Tags