cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

removing alert definition

hmebane
3-Visitor

removing alert definition

I've changed the name of an alert at the Thing Shape level, but some of the Things that are defined based on that Shape (from a Thing Template) show both the new name and the old name. The old name is even generating new alerts. When I create a new Thing based on the same template, I only get the new alert name, and some of the Things only show the new alert name. What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:hmebane)

Have you tried restarting tomcat?

No, did not restart tomcat. I consider pushing the reset button to be a last resort. I ended up deleting the thing (didnt matter) and recreating it - it showed up correctly upon recreation. I also did not think that tomcat was holding state information, so not sure that restarting it would accomplish anything.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:hmebane)

This is an effect similar to ghost entities where the name preserved in memory and restarting tomcat clears it out (just as deleting the thing and creating a new one would, obviously).

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

Follow up: article explaining ghost entities https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS198580

Top Tags