cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there any document available for hosting thingworx in Azure cloud?

sa-5
5-Regular Member

Is there any document available for hosting thingworx in Azure cloud?

Hi All,

I need to host thingworx in Azure cloud. I could install thingworx platform in VM of azure. but do not know how to host it as application service from VM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Senthil

3 REPLIES 3
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:sa-5)

Senthil Kumara​  We have a generic Installation guide for ThingWorx product and you can follow the same for installing it any environment. Please post in case you have any specific issue during installation.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

sa-5
5-Regular Member
(To:mgoel)

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for your response. When i use "Azure tomcat web app" for hosting thingworx, i need to know where we can update server.xml and java options and memory setting in configuration of tomcat. And also i need to use PostgreSQL database. But postgreSQL 9.4 is not available in Azure webapp services at the moment. it starts from 9.5 only. But 9.5 is not supported for thingworx 8.0. Any information regarding this would be helpful.

Thanks

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:sa-5)

Hi Senthil Kumara

Yes, 9.5 PostgreSQL database is not tested & supported with ThingWorx. Request you to please open a support case with concern on Azure cloud usage with ThingWorx. Also do add details on business impact and your use case.

In case you are a trial user then request to share details with us and we can help log a case on your behalf.

- Regards,

Mohit Goel

Top Tags