cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Users access the organization by log in?

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Users access the organization by log in?

Hi,

I have created a log in page where i have added three users but i am not able to log in using the user's name or mail id.I am able to access only with the administrator.How do I resolve this?

Thanks,

V.Shalini.

6 REPLIES 6

What type of errors do you see in the Application Log?

What type of behavior do you get when logging in?

Hi Pai Chung,

This is my organization log in where it comes default to some mashup name which i havent specified.I wanted to remove that.

And when I enter Administrator as username it loads the mashup page but I am not able to log in with other users as i specified.

When I try to give the name of the user and password it again loads  with the name which i dint specify.

Likewise will I be able to log in with the gmail id to this organization?

I am a begginer.Please provide some guidance and help.

Thank you,

V.Shalini.

What you see when you try to login from username and password ? Are you seeing a 404 Entity not found ?
If Entity not found is there can you please check "Everyone" organization and check if there are any members in it ? Also what is the TWX version you are using ?

Hi Mukul Narang,

I am using version 8.Yes, i am getting 404 entity error and except administrator i am not able to log in with any other user. How do I resolve this?

Thank you,

V.Shalini.

Do your users (=their organization) have visibility rights to the mashup you're redirecting them to after login?

Hi,

For using a form login for an Organization and to enable users to login and access the home mashup assigned to the Organization :-

1) The user should be a member of that Organization .If user is member of the Organization then you can login from form login as you are trying to do .The username will be name of the user and password will be the assigned password of that user .

Like for above organization Dummy user is member of this organization and to login i will use Dummy as username and assigned password as password in form login .

2) If after login from a non admin user you are getting 404 entity not found error that means your user is able to login but does not have visibility permission for your mashup .That is why he is not able to see the home mashup .Administrator have all the access so when you are trying to login from administrator he is able to see the home mashup .To resolve this 404 error you can go to your home mashup -> Info -> Under Permissions -> Visibility -> Add your organization -> Save . After this when you try to login from the user who is a part of this organization will be able to see home mashup as this mashup has a visibility permission now .You can also give these permissions at collection level instead on the home mashup you can give visibility on Mashup collection level (The lock button on Mashup menu ). Although collection level permissions use should be use and handle with care as they are a bit risky.

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

Top Tags