cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

X-Y Chart double clicked triggering a mashup

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

X-Y Chart double clicked triggering a mashup

Hi,

When double clicked on x-y chart in my mashup I wanted it to navigate to a new mashup.How do i configure this?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi ,

You can use a Navigation widget to do this .Just put this widget on your mashup and assign the mashup(In Navigation widget property settings "Mashup Name")  to which you want to redirect after double clicking on your chart .you can also mark it not visible if you do not want to show this (Again from "Visible" setting in Navigation widget property ) .Now map "double click" event of chart(this is an event in chart widget property settings) to this navigation widget .

There is also an option for "Target Window" in Navigation widget property settings from where you can decide whether you want to redirect to new mashup as a new window or in same window and many more options are there .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

Hi Mukul,

Will I be able to snapshot the chart automatically?so that when I click on the chart it navigates to the mashup which automatically attaches the snapshot?

Thanks,

V.Shalini.

Hi,

Can you please make it more clear ,what exactly you mean by taking a snapshot the chart automatically ? If possible share screenshot of exact requirement .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:svisveswaraiya)

I have also similar requirement, I am trying to click on Label chart graph, I have put the navigation also so that it takes to me new mashup and it is working fine. but main problem is that I need to double click on bars of that graph only then only it will take to new mashup, If you click on any area on that graph or on that widget it wont take you to new mashup. is this designed like this in thingworx or any other possibility will be there.

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:KSM)

Hi,

There is a common, tricky & fast (not best practice) workaround.

If your labelchart is in the panel or similar container you can add widgets, which will overlay existing ones in mashup.

1.PNG

In my example I added new button which has DefaultContainerStyle as a style and put it on the Label Chart.

Now you can see that it is not visible but still clickable so you can use it as a dummy Click Event on Label Chart.

Best,

Adam

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:A_Macierzynski)

Hi Adam,

Thanks for giving support,

I did as you said as per the previous response but when I clicked on the graph its not navigating to other mashup.

I have configures buton clicked event to navigate widget. but no luck

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:KSM)

Hmm It is working for me for sure. Can you check in Browser Console under Network section if anything is changing after click?

Maybe you connect this but to some dummy service for debugging purposes.

Best,

Adam

Top Tags