cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can we connect to Thingworx?

gguo1
1-Newbie

Can we connect to Thingworx?

The type of sensor we want to use is the VSA004. diagnostic unit. The model is VSE100. Can we connect to Thingworx?

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:gguo1)

There are a few standard paths to connect a sensor/device or system to Thingworx

1. Device cloud - Thingworx reads information or receives information from the device cloud

2. Kepware - there is a compatible kepware driver that connects to the device

3. REST API - the Device can do REST POST or has a rest api that can be called externally

4. Hosting of a Thingworx agent - Device can be communicated to via the Thingworx agent (either wsems/lua or other or SDK) directly residing on the device or on some gateway device.

Hello,

How can I find out whether a smart watch has any of these possibilities before buying it?

What specifications should I look for?

Kind regards,
Thomas

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:tdolman)

Smart watch should come with some documentation as to what it is set to connect to and what sort of 'SDK' might come with it to allow other types of connections. If they send their information to the cloud then also check what APIs or integration that cloud storage provides.

Top Tags