cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Blog-On navigation should automatically capture the snapshot?

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Blog-On navigation should automatically capture the snapshot?

Hi,

In the chart in mashup, When i provide a navigation button which leads to a blog,how to configure it so that it automatically snapshots the chart in the blog and we can start discussion about that?Instead of inserting the picture by storing it localling in pc, how to navigate to the blog which attaches the snapshot automatically?

Please provide some help. I am a beginner.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Shalini,

This is an interesting use case. I am not sure if there is a service that will automatically take a screenshot, save the file and push to a blog. I will see if I can find someone who can offer better insight into this.

Best regards,

Steven M

Thanks Steven.

Hi Shalini, you'll likely have to create your own service as far as I know there's no OOTB service to take snapshots.

1. Create a custom extension using ThingWorx Extension SDK

2. In custom extension include the library that can allow you to to traverse through different DOMs on the webpage, something like HTML2Canvas

(side note : i think this question too sort of comes close to your description, but it sounds like you want to automate the the screenshots in which case above mentioned library would likely be more meaningful)

3. Build the extension and install it in your ThingWorx instance, you'll then be able to call that as a service or a widget depending what you are building.

Edit:

Adding this thread as an additional resource if you are looking to build custom extension Thingworx custom widgets

Thank you Sushanth.I will try it.

Top Tags