cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

You are not entitled to the Composer feature. Please contact your PTC account team

pcheah
8-Gravel

You are not entitled to the Composer feature. Please contact your PTC account team

I tried to install the 30-days Manufacturing Apps Developer kit Edition but encountered this error "You are not entitled to the Composer feature. Please contact your PTC account team" when running the composer. Is not the developer version should allow access to Composer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cheah,

To dig out more into the issue could you please share the below details:

- Exact url/link from where you downloaded the developer edition.

- Exact name of the zip file you installed on your system.

- Please confirm that no previous version of manufacturing apps was installed on your system.

- Are you able to access the Welcome Page of Manufacturing Apps on your system

Regards,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Greetings Cheah,

In Developer Edition license ThingWorx server automatically shuts down after 30 days of usage and and it is non-renewable.

To assist you further on this could you please let us know when have you installed the Developer Edition and which version of Thingworx and Manufacturing app you had installed?

Best regards,

Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

I downloaded it from https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard and installed it today. I believe it is version 8.1.

Hi Cheah,

To dig out more into the issue could you please share the below details:

- Exact url/link from where you downloaded the developer edition.

- Exact name of the zip file you installed on your system.

- Please confirm that no previous version of manufacturing apps was installed on your system.

- Are you able to access the Welcome Page of Manufacturing Apps on your system

Regards,

Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

Please see my reply below:

- Exact url/link from where you downloaded the developer edition. (https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Download-Developer-Kit)

- Exact name of the zip file you installed on your system. (ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.1.1-00-developerKit.zip)

- Please confirm that no previous version of manufacturing apps was installed on your system. (no other version of mfg apps installed)

- Are you able to access the Welcome Page of Manufacturing Apps on your system (Yes, I can go into the MFG Apps in runtime, but not in Composer)

Thanks

Can you check the license subsystem to see what license you have??

Hi Varathan,

Below is my License information.

By looking at the image, you installed Freemium and that is reason why you are seeing that error.  In you license you are missing Composer. I installed the Developer Kit yesterday and works for me. See the attached image. Go to the portal and navigate Learn section, Download the Developer Kit version, it should solve your problem. Before installing Developer Kit, make sure to uninstall the Freemium.

You can also get the license and replace it as alternative.

Hi Varathan,

I believe I have installed the developer kit, and the license come with it suspecting having an issue. The License you showed above does not look like a trial license, it is self-generated that come with 1 year validity. My concern here if it the developer kit license cannot access to the composer, then other user that downloaded and installed it may have the similar issue. Please look into this issue.

Thank you.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:pcheah)

Hi Peng.

You advised that you did not install on a system that was already running Manufacturing Apps.   But is it possible that you already had ThingWorx installed?  Is there any reason you would not want to install the full product?  If you decide to do so, we can open a case and assist you through the process.  If not, you may want to run the uninstaller, and then rerun the install ensuring you are actually installing the Developer Kit edition.

Regards.

--Sharon

Chea,

You probably downloaded the Freemium version. It doesn't have composer access. In Learn section of that link, you will see Developer Kit, download and install it. That should give you full access.

If that is the case, it should be a bug. It should be fixed. Let me re-install and get back to you.

Greetings Peng Huat Cheah

Following up with you on the original question posted here, can you please indicate if the recommendations given resolved this for you?

If there is a post that adequately answered your question, you can mark the reply as the "Correct Answer."

Or, if you are still unresolved on your original question, let us know and we can continue troubleshooting this with you. This feedback is a key step toward ensuring Community users with a similar issue are able to locate the information they need.

Best regards,

Steven M

I installed on a fresh install on a new windows 12 R2 instance. Everything just works for me.

Thanks,

Varathan

HI All,

Thanks for your help. I managed to make it works by reinstalling the Developer Version in a new server.

Top Tags