cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Connect Kepware with TW Studio trial

osalinas
4-Participant

Connect Kepware with TW Studio trial

Community,

I'm trying to connect Kepware with the Thingworx cloud instance that is part of the Studio trial. I've already created the key and thing in Thingworx and I've changed the settings in the Kepware project that I'm using, but I'm unable to connect. I'm getting error messages saying that the web socket connection cannot be established. I can see the thing linked to Kepware in the monitor application in Thingworx but it is red instead of the usual green.

Do you know which additional settings/parameters I need to change (URL of the server at which Kepware is pointing) for this to work?

Currently I'm traveling for a meeting and I'm unable to share some screenshots of the errors/configurations that I'm using, but as soon as I have access to my server I can post it back here.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards.

8 REPLIES 8
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:osalinas)

Hi Omar Salinas​,

Have you connected the Kepware to any other ThingWorx instance before or is it the first time?

Please share the configuration/errors once you are free so that we can check the same.

Anyone know how to do this? Connecting from KepServerEx data to Thingworx Studio using external data?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:AB00531937)

Avinash Boddu​: One way is to first have your KepServerEx connect to ThingWorx. Then use ThingWorx entities/services to populate data inside ThingWorx Studio.

Do you have your KepServerEx connected to ThingWorx instance which is associated with Studio?

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh Patel,

Q: One way is to first have your KepServerEx connect to ThingWorx. Then use ThingWorx entities/services to populate data inside ThingWorx Studio.

A: I have KepServerEx connected to ThingWorx instance which is different cloud server. How do i connect from ThingWorx studio to ThingWorx entities/services. I tried to connect using ip from ThingWorx settings, but no connection.

Is there anyway or guide me how to connect?

Thanks,

Avinash.

Hi Omar Salinas​  and Avinash Boddu

Have you received an answer to your question(s)?

If not, you might try first connecting your Kepware instance to a Thingworx cloud instance server, and then federate that Thingworx cloud instance to your Thingworx Studio server.  The federation allows your cloud instance to talk to your Studio trial instance.

You would create a Publisher remote thing on the Thingworx instance that is directly connected to Kepware, and feed your kepware data through to the Publisher remote thing.  On your Thingworx trial instance you create a Subscriber remote thing, and have it subscribe to the Publisher remote thing via the federation.  The Subscriber remote thing is what will feed data to your Studio experience.  I did a similar setup connecting Windchill to Studio.  Let me know if you have questions. 

Thanks,

Angela

Hi Angela Regal,

Yes, i have got it working as you have said. The value is getting updated from View application but not getting updated in "preview" from web browser.

Appreciate for the help.

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:AB00531937)

then you might have misconfigured it...

if you need further help on that feel free to ask.

martin

iherreros
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

Hello there,

I just saw this topic. I am trying to do the same thing but in my case the TW instance is running on my computer (120 days). I cannot see any of my things in TW Studio so they aren't connected. I have "Configure Public Access to ThingWorx" as per the link https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_studio/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx_Studio_Help_Center%2FAnonymousAccess.html%23

But I don't know what to do in step 7 and 8, what's the Administrative console,  the settings in TW Studio?  and the anonymous application Key?

I am quite lost, to be honest, I'm just trying to display a few values in TW studio from my thing in TW composer. I have read something about configuring the federation server as well.

Could somebody kindly walk me through the necessary steps? 

Many thanks.

Top Tags