cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Thingworx Analytics Extension - Import Error

burak
10-Marble

Thingworx Analytics Extension - Import Error

Hello everyone,

When I try to import ThingWorx-Analytics-8.1.0, I got two error;

1. Unable to process import: Unable to update mediaEntity: ModelTagVocabulary [TW] Already Exists
  2. Unable to delete ThingWorx_Analytics_Console_Extension:8.1.0.  This is likely due to other errors: ExtensionPackage ThingWorx_Analytics_Console_Extension Does Not Exist

I checked the entity which name is Applications. Also, Model Tags->Applications->Manage Terms is empty. I don't know what is the reason. Could somebody help me?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:burak)

Hi Ozkan

I think I have isolated the root cause. I was able to reproduce the same behaviour as you had.

It appears that the root error is not " Unable to update mediaEntity: ModelTagVocabulary [TW] Already Exists" . This is an error you got after a subsequent import attempt.

Upon first import the error was "Unable to process import: License is not available for Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Feature: twx_named_user"

You indeed do need to have a twx_named_user feature in order to import the ThingWorx Analytics Extension.

You would therefore need to check on the Licensing tool the activation ids that you have got for the Product ThingWorx - User and add it to your device.

Then you should be able to import the extension.

As mentionned above I did indeed got the same situation without twx_named_user, but was able to import after adding it.

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Ozkan

Could you please attach your ApplicationLog.log file ?

Also could you confirm:

- what is yoru persistence provider- is it a fresh installation of ThignWorx 8.1 or an upgraded one ?

- did you have a previous extension of ThingWorx analytics already installed

- did you attempt several time to install the extension

- what is the OS on which you run ?

Thank you

Kind rgeards

Christophe

burak
10-Marble
(To:cmorfin)

Hi Christophe,

Firstly, thanks for your reply.

I attached log file, also you can find my answers below. Thanks again.

- what is yoru persistence provider- is it a fresh installation of ThignWorx 8.1 or an upgraded one ?

- Not upgrade, I installed new on new vm.

- did you have a previous extension of ThingWorx analytics already installed

- Nope, I never try to install previous version of extension. I deployed new tw instance after that I tried to import analytic extension.

- did you attempt several time to install the extension

- Yes,

- what is the OS on which you run ?

- Windows Server 2016

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Ozkan

In Composer could you access Model Tags (under MODELLING), do you see a TW model tag here ?

Could you also post the extensions listed under Import/Export > manage ?

Thank you

kind regards

Chrisotphe

burak
10-Marble

Hi Chrisotphe,

Model Tags has just Application entity. Extension list is empty. I checked it from menu (Import/Export > Manage)

Regards,

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Ozkan

I think I have isolated the root cause. I was able to reproduce the same behaviour as you had.

It appears that the root error is not " Unable to update mediaEntity: ModelTagVocabulary [TW] Already Exists" . This is an error you got after a subsequent import attempt.

Upon first import the error was "Unable to process import: License is not available for Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Feature: twx_named_user"

You indeed do need to have a twx_named_user feature in order to import the ThingWorx Analytics Extension.

You would therefore need to check on the Licensing tool the activation ids that you have got for the Product ThingWorx - User and add it to your device.

Then you should be able to import the extension.

As mentionned above I did indeed got the same situation without twx_named_user, but was able to import after adding it.

Kind regards

Christophe

burak
10-Marble

Hi Christophe,

Thank you so much. I found the correct key.

Regards,

Top Tags