cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

FAIL - Application at context path [/Thingworx] could not be started

aquebec
4-Participant

FAIL - Application at context path [/Thingworx] could not be started

Hi!

Issue:

Experiencing this error upon starting Thingworx on Tomcat Manager "FAIL - Application at context path [/Thingworx] could not be started"

Please see attached file for the logs.

Actions taken:

-version checking

-adding thingworx license

-adding thingworx in system variables

-added folder full control access
-edited WEB-INF from WEBINF
-restarted Tomcat 8.5

With this, I'm still not able to start Thingworx on my local machine. Did I missed on any steps? Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Currently doing:

-reinstall Tomcat 8.5 from 32 bit to 64 bit

This is RESOLVED.
I did a fresh installation and the significant correction was reinstalling Tomcat from Tomcat 8.5 32 bit to Tomcat 8.0 64 bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:aquebec)

Seems that you have a 32 bit version of Tomcat (note how the path is x86). Please uninstall your tomcat, download a 64 bit version, and install from there.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mnarang
17-Peridot

Angelica Lei Quebec Can you please check this path - -Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx\WEBINF\extensions

I think this would be with WEB-INF instead if WEBINF .Can you please update this path and try restarting tomcat again .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

aquebec
4-Participant
(To:mnarang)

Mukul Narang​ Thank you for replying.

I already changed WEBINF to WEB-INF and restarted Tomcat. But still same error occurs.
Will update the attached log files.

Thanks again.
Appreciate your help.

mnarang
17-Peridot

Angelica Lei Quebec​ - Can you also share application logs for this .You can get this from ThingWorxStorage -> logs -> ApplicationLog

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

aquebec
4-Participant
(To:mnarang)

Hi Mukul Narang​ the folder contains no log files that I can attach.

Here is where the Thingworx folder is created:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx

While ThingworxStorage is being automatically created here:

C:\ThingworxStorage\logs

I'm now currently looking at this thread for a possible solution: https://community.thingworx.com/thread/42573

Thanks again.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Seems that you have a 32 bit version of Tomcat (note how the path is x86). Please uninstall your tomcat, download a 64 bit version, and install from there.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

aquebec
4-Participant

Hi Polina Osipova​ I was able to successfully install Thingworx 8.0 applying the solution you provided.
I did a fresh installation and the significant correction was reinstalling Tomcat from Tomcat 8.5 32 bit to Tomcat 8.0 64 bit.

Kudos!

aquebec
4-Participant

Thank you Polina Osipova​ for your response. I'm currently doing a re-installation of Tomcat 8.5 and it is now on the 64 bit Program Files Folder.
I will be working on an installation of ThingWorx 8.0 since it is the manual given to me.

Will give you update on the status of the Tomcat installation once done. Thank you again. Appreciate the help.

I am also facing the same issue and that logs folder is empty.

Please help me out.

posipova
20-Turquoise

What is your version of ThingWorx? Please note the difference between license application in 7.4 vs 8.0 vs 8.1.

Reference note on ThingWorx License application 7.4 vs 8.0 vs 8.1

aquebec
4-Participant

I am using 8.0 thanks Polina Osipova​ for the help. I really appreciate it.

Hi Angelica,

If i try to install Thingworx 8.1 (Trail) version. How can i get a Activation ID?

I am facing an issue like "FAIL - Application at context path /Thingworx could not be started"

How to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

Top Tags