cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to assign user to access the application.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

How to assign user to access the application.

Hello ,

I have created a master page and there is a menu with associated mashup's.

To assign user i have created a organization with home mashup as the top mashup of the menu, and associated the user to the organization.

But when i login as the user i cannot see the master page with menus, with administrator i can see the page loaded.

What am i missing here..?

Thanks

Sunay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnarang)

Hello Mukul,

Thanks for the help, It worked for me.

Thanks,

Sunay

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mlähde
3-Visitor
(To:sbt)

Hi! Please check the application log for possible errors. At the very least, you need to give your organization visibility rights to the associated mashups, masters and menus.

mnarang
17-Peridot

Hi,

If after login from a non admin user you are getting 404 entity not found error that means your user is able to login but does not have visibility permission for your mashup .That is why he is not able to see the home mashup .Administrator have all the access so when you are trying to login from administrator he is able to see the home mashup .To resolve this 404 error you can go to your home mashup -> Info -> Under Permissions -> Visibility -> Add your organization -> Save . After this when you try to login from the user who is a part of this organization will be able to see home mashup as this mashup has a visibility permission now .You can also give these permissions at collection level instead on the home mashup you can give visibility on Mashup collection level (The lock button on Mashup menu ). Although collection level permissions use should be use and handle with care as they are a bit risky.

If there are other error/problem except this 404 while log in from a non admin user into Form login then explain that.

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Hello Mukul,

I have provided that but i am able to load only the mashup without any menu as i see with admin login.

with configured user login : I can only see the logout button.

With admin login:

Also i have assigned the organization to master page, menus and all the mashup's associated to menus. But still i am not able to see the menu and the master page properly similar to admin login.

Is there anything still i need to do..?

mnarang
17-Peridot

Hi ,

You have given visibility to all the entities by adding organization in visibility .By this you are able to see only the mashup but the menu you are using should be using services for data .For this, run time permissions should also be there on that non admin user on all the associated services in Mashup .So that non admin user will be able to execute the service and display the desired data on mashup .

When you are logging in from admin user just observe all the associated services and give run time permission on those services for non admin user .

You can create a user group for that and add run time permission to that user group also just to avoid doing for each user specifically .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Hello ,

There was a error which i found entity not found : [Platform Subsystem] for the user. So i have added the org and run time visibility for the user.

But still i dont see the menus listed.

I have added the org to menu's and run time visibility for the user to the menu.

Also the menu is not data driven.

where do i observe the associated services for admin login.?

Do i need to associate org in visibility for all the entities like datashape, datatable etc..???

Thanks

Sunay

mnarang
17-Peridot

Hi,

Can you please check from developer option(F12) ,are there any service which are not executing because of permission on visibility ?I tried and found there were two services in Subsystem->PlatformSubsytem which create problem because of permission in my case  .So i gave visibility permission on PlatformSubsytem .Or you can directly search the service and try giving them permission .Just check this from developer where it's getting stuck now .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Mukul,

I still dint get the menu's. Dont know what is wrong.

Below is the message what i see for F12 with the user login.

I have assigned every entity from things to datashape, datatable, Menu's ,Media, style definitions with visibility added with org and runtime permission with user and selected Allow for all.

Thanks

Sunay

mnarang
17-Peridot

Hi ,

I tried the same use case as you are trying to do,I think you are missing out one thing .just add the user into a user group and add that user group into menu items .That is necessary to access menu widget from non admin user in Form Login .Look at below screen shot -

As you can see in menu i have four options with different mashup and hyper link .I have added my user into a user group with name unit6 and added that group here .Now i am able to see the menu with all the visibility permissions that you have already given .

You can also see this article for more information specific to menu widget in form login - Article Viewer | PTC

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Hello Mukul,

Thanks for the help, It worked for me.

Thanks,

Sunay

Top Tags