cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Scheduler - Services kept in queue not fired

pselvaraj-1
9-Granite

Scheduler - Services kept in queue not fired

Sometimes, scheduler kept the service in queue not executing. Pl advise do we need any configuration change in subsystem? I have scheduled using the "super user" privileges.

6 REPLIES 6
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:pselvaraj-1)

Prem Kumar Selvaraj​: Could you please provide details about Scheduler configuration and confirm if you observed the issue only with a particular service or for all service.

-Durgesh

Not with a particular service, for all services. We have scheduled few services to run every 15 mins, 30 mins and 60 mins based on requirement. Often it kept our services in queue instead fire on time.

Did you ever find the cause of this issue? Our scheduler has stopped working across all projects and we have no idea why.

It maybe for various reasons (just thinking loud):

• If you have dynamic subscriptions to the event from another thing if you restart the scheduler thing and not the dependan thing the dynamic subscription will be lost (until you restart the other)
  • If the subscription it's a long running service, or you have other long running services over the same thing, it may get locked until the other service ends.
  • If the user assigned on the scheduler doesn't have the right permissions then it won't be able to execute the given services.

Regards.

Hi Carles,

We don't have any dynamic subscriptions to the event.

I don't believe we have a long running service, it was working fine up until two days ago where it just suddenly stopped for apparently no reason.

We are also running the scheduler as administrator, so it should have sufficient permissions. 

Any other ideas you have would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards.

I've never faced this kind of problem.

Add debugging messages with logger.info in order to know where it fails..

Top Tags