cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

User does not have visibility permission for InfoTableFunctions

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

User does not have visibility permission for InfoTableFunctions

Hello Team,

I have used this infotable function in one of my service. When i logged in as administrator there is no issue.

But when i logged in as one of the user which i have created, I get the error message "User does not have visibility permission for InfoTableFunctions".

Am i missing runtime permissions for the method used, if so how to add the permission to the infotable functions.

Thanks

Sunay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sbt)

Visibility is granted through Organizational units

Either disable visibility completely by adding Users group to the Everyone Org

or create a new Organization, add your User Groups to the proper Units then go to Resources and either for all or for the ones in question, grant Visibility to the appropriate organizational units.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sbt)

Visibility is granted through Organizational units

Either disable visibility completely by adding Users group to the Everyone Org

or create a new Organization, add your User Groups to the proper Units then go to Resources and either for all or for the ones in question, grant Visibility to the appropriate organizational units.

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Chung,

I have created a organization "Org1" and created user group called admin1 user group.

Added Org1 to the admin1 user group visibility and didnt add any runtime permissions for the user group.

Added 2 users to the admin1 group.

Now i have added Org1 and admin1 to the visibility and runtime permissions for all mashup, things, datatable.

I have not done the same to the datashapes used by the datatable.

So when i logged in as user1, I am able to get the list from one of the datatable where infotable function is not used in the service, but when i call one more service where it is using another datatable with infotable function for query.

below is the example:

var myInfoTable = Things["dt2"].GetDataTableEntries(params);

var query = {

"filters": {

"fieldName": "ID",

"type": "EQ",

"value": ID

}

};

var params = {

t: myInfoTable /* INFOTABLE */,

query: query /* QUERY */

};

result =  Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].Query(params);

I am getting visibility permission error.So am i missing anything here..?

Thanks

Sunay

sbt
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:PaiChung)

Chung,

Got the solution, added the usergroup to the visibility of the infotable functions.

Some how i didn't find the visibility option when i clicked on permissions, but the same i was able to see when i clicked on icon permissions.

No idea on that

Thanks

Sunay

Top Tags