cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Dashboard, how to show scroll down bar

fmanniti
9-Granite

Dashboard, how to show scroll down bar

How is it possible to show a scroll down bar in the dashboard?
I created four groups and they are heigher than the window's height but no scroll bar is appearing so I cannot see the lowers groups

Shared with Jive Anywhere

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gbucur
5-Regular Member
(To:fmanniti)

Hey guys,

I found a workaround for this, it's not pretty, but it works in responsive mashups.

Make your header invisible and overlay. Mine has 5px height.

header.png

And your expression should contain:

$('#root_pagemashupcontainer-6_Dashboard-1').css({overflow: 'auto'})

You can see which number your dashboard has in the properties of the widget. It's the first property > Id.

Make the expression Autoevaluate and get Mashup Loaded to evaluate it.expression.png

Hope it helps!

This is a way to do it if you want your dashboard to occupy the whole mashup.

BR,

Gabriel

Edit: found a way without Framelayout.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you are using the Dashboard Widget with Gadgets inside, it should automatically give you a scroll bar.

Not sure what browser you are using and if it is not able to detect the proper screen size or if you have resized the gadgets manually.

I both tried with Firefox and Chrome and I have this issue.

I didn't have resized them. Just placed inside the groups

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Fabio Manniti​,

Which ThingWorx version are you using?

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

I'm using 7.2.1

I'm trying both making several groups and one single group with a lot of gadgets and in none of the cases I can see the scroll bar.

I cleaned my cache and tried the anonymous navigation (in case it was the problem).

I just wanted to let know I switched to version 7.2.5 and I still have this problem.

As you may see from the picture attached, I am going "under" the page limit but no scroll bar appears

sstankay
15-Moonstone

I wanted to update the community page on this post.  This issue was taken offline to be worked further.  We have created a public article on our knowledge base to post updates and potential solutions:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS256881

gbucur
5-Regular Member

Hey guys,

I found a workaround for this, it's not pretty, but it works in responsive mashups.

Make your header invisible and overlay. Mine has 5px height.

header.png

And your expression should contain:

$('#root_pagemashupcontainer-6_Dashboard-1').css({overflow: 'auto'})

You can see which number your dashboard has in the properties of the widget. It's the first property > Id.

Make the expression Autoevaluate and get Mashup Loaded to evaluate it.expression.png

Hope it helps!

This is a way to do it if you want your dashboard to occupy the whole mashup.

BR,

Gabriel

Edit: found a way without Framelayout.

sstankay
15-Moonstone
(To:gbucur)

Thanks Gabriel.

Fabio Manniti​ - when you have a chance, let us know what your feedback is on Gabriel's solution path as well.  Thanks, Steve

Yes, in this moment I'm busy with another job I need to finish. I think I'll check in the next few days.

Thank you very much

I marked as correct answer.

It works.

Thank you very much

gbucur
5-Regular Member

Glad I could help!

fmanniti
9-Granite
(To:gbucur)

Just one more question:

let's say my mashup is a popup, I've noticed that ID changes anytime I refresh the page so, in that case, this method doesn't work.

Do you know how can I get the ID dynamically?

gbucur
5-Regular Member

Replace the expression with this:

(function () { const id = widget.jqElement.closest('.mashup-popup').attr('id'); $('#'+id+'_Dashboard-1').css({overflow: 'auto'}); })()

PS: Dashboard-1 is your dashboard id. Same as before, expression has to be in the same mashup as the Dashboard. This only works with pop-ups.

Hello,

Can u please help me with this..

I didn't get how to right expression

Now my dashboard is in inner layouts

so tried giving like this $('#root_Container-27_Container-31_Container-4_Dashboard-1').css({overflow: 'auto'}) - not working..

I think the best way to figure it out is through CTRL+Shift+I and you see the page source

Cattura.PNG

Top Tags