cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Architecture or Approach: 1000 things & 120 propertires, Advise Plz!

pselvaraj-1
9-Granite

Architecture or Approach: 1000 things & 120 propertires, Advise Plz!

Kindly advise what would be the best architecture/approach to meet the below scenario.

Incoming Data:

Approximately 1000 industrial devices and every 30 secs data should brought into ThingWorx.

Devices - 1000

Each device properties count - 120

Every 30 seconds, 1000 things & 120,000 properties writes

After this writes done, required some transnational update/manipulation.

What would be the best approach to bring those industrial data into TX platform?

How would I manage those things in TX and whether should I go with timers/subscription if any update or req manipulation after every data push?

What database I can go? PostgreSQL will drop performance after 500 GB.

Can we use connection servers? Pl suggest how many and how can we implement?

Kindly advise to the above ask. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:pselvaraj-1)

My Suggestions: -

What would be the best approach to bring those industrial data into TX platform? Edge SDK or Kepware? -- Kepware is really good for Industrial data handling and communication with TWX Platform. Using SDKs, you might have to spend good amount of effort & time to implement and test functionality.

How would I manage those things in TX and whether should I go with timers/subscription if any update or req manipulation after every data push? -- Yes timer/subscription should solve your purpose.

What database I can go? PostgreSQL will drop performance after 500 GB. -- PostgreSQL should be cost effective and can use purging/vacuum database option to squeeze space. Otherwise, you can also evaluate Cassandra DB.

Can we use connection servers? Pl suggest how many and how can we implement? Yes, Connection server can be an option if you are okay with using ThingWorx Always On protocol for data communication. I believe you can 2 CS and review below hardware recommendations.

Note: These estimate should not be used directly in Production without through review and confirmation.

-Durgesh

Top Tags