cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is DataConnect not available in ThingWorx 8.1?

tyadav
1-Newbie

Is DataConnect not available in ThingWorx 8.1?

Hi,

I want to send the property values generated in my Thinworx core to the Analytics server for the analysis and I was going through the process mentioned here Digital Media Publisher.

However, when I went to download the DataConnect from the software download page, there was an option available for the TW8.1 release. Is this functionality removed in the new version or is there an alternative which can be used to provide the connection and fulfill the tasks which DataConnect did?

Or, is there any other way where the property values can be fed into the Analytics servers from the Thingworx platform?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:tyadav)

Hi Tushar

Indeed DataConnect does no longer exist in 8.1.

If you need to use its functionality you will need to use ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics 8.0 with DataConnect 8.0.

There is no replacement in 8.1

The functionality provided by DataConnect is being rewritten and integrated into the platform. This should become available in a future release of ThingWorx though I do not have, as yet, the exact date/release.

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Tushar

Indeed DataConnect does no longer exist in 8.1.

If you need to use its functionality you will need to use ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics 8.0 with DataConnect 8.0.

There is no replacement in 8.1

The functionality provided by DataConnect is being rewritten and integrated into the platform. This should become available in a future release of ThingWorx though I do not have, as yet, the exact date/release.

Kind regards

Christophe

tyadav
1-Newbie
(To:cmorfin)

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the reply. Since the data connect or similar functionality is not available yet, is there any other alternate way to send the properties of the things from the platform to the Analytics server or maybe create the necessary json and csv file which can then be fed into the analytics server (the blog says about different csv files being genrated from the DAD and then being combined together to form one large csv)? If yes, then what? Since the blog, which you suggested in my other question, primarily deals with sending the values through DataConnect (How to use DataConnect when sending property values from the ThingWorx platform to ThingWorx Analytics.

Basically, at this point, all I want to do is to be able to send the property values for my multiple things to the Analytics server.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Tushar

There is nothing in 8.1 that replaces DataConnect. If you need the functionality provided by DataConnect you need to use a pre-release 8.1 version - you can check the 8.1 Release note at PTC  which indicates the same.

Kind regards

Christophe

tyadav
1-Newbie
(To:cmorfin)

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the reply. Just for the clarification, can Dataconnect 8.0 be used with the TW8.1 version and 8.1 Analytics version?

Thanks!

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Tushar

no DataConnect 8.0 requires ThingWorx 8.0 and Analytics 8.0

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags