cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Customized ThingView

abagasra
1-Newbie

Customized ThingView

Hi

This is regarding Thingworx Studio. Is it possible to build my own Augmented Reality mobile app similar to Thingview using API from Thingworx Studio?

Thank you.

AB

8 REPLIES 8
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:abagasra)

Abbas Bagasra​ : I believe at this point of time this is something restricted however would confirm internally and update you. Could you please advise why you are looking for custom Views and not willing to use Standard View app. Do you feel there is some features you would like to add or have advise to improve the application UI.

Thanks,

Durgesh

mwassmann
5-Regular Member

Hej Abbas,

what you could do is use your own app and open the experience by url ... you could just call the certain url with the good experience from any other app.

Is it what you are searching for? Then I would explain further.

Martin

Martin,

Basically i have an image recognition engine that will recognize certain object/sparts and then through my custom app, we can map the object to its corresponding  Thingmark and use API to send the Thingmark tag to invoke corresponding experience.

-ab

mwassmann
5-Regular Member

Hi Ab,

from what I see you could use the solution that I proposed. 🙂

Martin

Martin Wassmann​ Here by saying 'call the url from any other app' - does it mean the url is going to open the ThingWorx View app? Or is it like, the source app is going to directly open the experience, bypassing ThingWorx View app?

I'm kind of skeptic on how this works, can you please elaborate on this?

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:katte)

Hej Giri,

the URL would then open view - and the correct experience already ... :-).

Martin

Hi Martin

I'm interested in this solution, can you please explain us further with step-by-step or any documentation or tutorial would be good.

Thanks,

Avinash.

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:AB00531937)

Hej Avinash,

is it still open?

You can retrieve the URL of your experience from within Thingworx View or from within Thingworx Studio.

This way you can setup a redirect from your app to the particular URL.

Martin

Top Tags