cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

how to store device data directly into the external database mysql?

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

how to store device data directly into the external database mysql?

I want to store the device data directly into the external database i.e., mysql without using the internal persistent provider database H2persistence. Itried to make mysql db as default persistence provider  but I could able to do that.

I dont want to use at all the default database which are provide by thingworx composer to store my device data which are coming from outside world.

if it could be possible then please how to achieve this thing?

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:KSM)

Hi Mahaboob, you need to create use the MySQL JDBC extension to be able to create connection to your external DB (currently MySQL is not supported as persistence provider). Then you will need some SQL services which will need to be called in order to store the data that you receive from your edge devices.

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

Thanks Sushanth,

IF you could able to help me with some kind of small snippet codes so that I can get idea. till now I can pull data from the devices using javascript but not from SQL.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:KSM)

I have couple of blogs on this you might want to try them out see if it helps you or you still have more questions on this Types of JDBC Calls from JDBC Extension & RDBMS Extension in ThingWorx  and How to configure Oracle 12c's Pluggable Database as External DataStorage for ThingWorx

Hope this'll help

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

Thanks Sushanth for your help.

I will check out those blogs.

Top Tags