cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dataconnect analytics 8.1

drichter
14-Alexandrite

Dataconnect analytics 8.1

Hi guys,

today I'm working on a small analytics example with ThingWorx 8.1.1 and Analytics 8.1.

I would work with the new AnalyticsServer_xxxThing's (e.g. AnalyticsServer_DataThing). With the AnalyticsServer_DataThing I can only create new datasets with json and csv-files. At Thingworx version 8.0 I have to use Dataconnect to create csv-files from thing properties. For the version 8.1 there is no Dataconnect download available. Do I use the old Dataconnect? Can I avoid the Dataconnect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:drichter)

Hi David Richter

We do not have Data Connect available for version 8.1 and Data connect 8.0 is not going to work with TWX 8.1 due to compatibility issues.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mgoel
17-Peridot

Hi David Richter

We do not have Data Connect available for version 8.1 and Data connect 8.0 is not going to work with TWX 8.1 due to compatibility issues.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:mgoel)

Hi Mohit Goel​,

and now I must build the csv and the json file manuelly (or better by own implemented services)? O.o

Is the Data Analytics Definition stuff now useless?

Hi David,

I have been facing the same problem but yes unfortunaltely, DataConnect is no longer available in ThingWorx 8.1 (Is DataConnect not available in ThingWorx 8.1?).

I am also looking to get a work around to just get the JSON and CSV files generated. I will update here if I am able to find a workaround and please do let me know if you find it before me

Also how are you able to generate JSON and CSV files with the AnalyticsServer Thing?

Best regards,

Tushar

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:tyadav)

I'm working on a workaround. I generate a json and a csv file with some services. To send the json and the csv file via AnalyticsServer_DataThing I need the absolute path to the generated json and csv file. How can I get the path to a repository? (the link to the files via Repository.GetFileListingWithLinks() will not work). I think I need the absolute path in filesystem.

drichter
14-Alexandrite

Ok I resolved.

You don't need use the absolute path. You can use

path = "thingworx://" + FILEREPOSITORYNAME + "/" + FOLDER + "/" + FILE (json/csv)

Top Tags