cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Pro/PIPING complex route Help...

ptc-822556
1-Newbie

Pro/PIPING complex route Help...

Dear All, curently testing the capabilities of Pro/PIPING as spec driven mode, i'm facing a problem. working on an equipment made of serial same piping, i would like to use the pattern. it's qorking quite nice, but now i'm coming to a problem with a branch funtions (pro/piping). In order to use my pattern as reference for this route, i would like to use the Point entity reference during my branch creation, but it's still impossible to select a point. Is someone already faced this problem with the branch definition? In advance thank you for your Help guys...
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-822556)

Could you please be more specific, or attach a picture of what you are trying to do? I use Pro Piping every day and I'd love to help you but I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Chris
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Chris, please find there attached 3 pictures to describe my problem. On picture 1, baloon 1 represents the route patterned, and "2" is the collector i need to branch. As you can see route "1" is patterned 5 times and i need my branch patterned 5times also. In picture , you can see the 2 points "ref pattern" i want to use, The point "1" will be my start point and the point "2" is the point i want to used in my function branch As shown in the picture "3". But it's impossible to select this functionality point, i maybe made a mistake somewhere but i do not know where... THanks for your Help Chris. Nico
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-822556)

Thank you for the pictures, but it is still a little hard to see exactly where you are going. I think I have an idea. One question I have is why you are using points instead of ports? Most spec driven piping is done using coordinate system "ports" on your fittings to connect them and your pipe routes. I've attached an example of a valve with ports. To create your branch I have two suggestions, not knowing where you are branching from. First, you could use the branch point in your picture as a "set start" and work backward to the other end. Second, you could use "segment" or "any" on your branch leg as shown in my second picture, and then specify an angle for the branch. I hope this helps, I'm sorry if I am not understanding you correctly. Chris
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

i'm really sorry for my bad explanation, but it's still hard to summerize in few lines.. for this special branching, i do not use a fitting. To summerize, i want to go from a point A to a Point B using a branch route feature. But as explained the option "select branch location\type\ POINT" is not working. I can not select Point only segment. Thank you very much fo your Help Chris. [/u]
Top Tags