cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Ribs for Aerofoil

CH_10266577
4-Participant

Ribs for Aerofoil

I want to create some ribs for an aerofoil. I have created the ribs using the offset coordinate system which produces a curve. I can't seem to extrude the curve, therefore I tried using the spline tool to sketch over the coordinates, however the line is slightly off compared to the curve which is an issue as the shape needs to be accurate. Any idea how I could produce the ribs thanks. 

Below is a coordinate system I used.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:CH_10266577)

To create a rib, make an extrusion, placing the sketch on a plane that the points are on and use project to copy the curve into the sketch.

kdirth_0-1702564141919.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I made an IBL file out of the data from your previous post (remove .txt extension when you save it).  You can import this into Creo using the Curve From File command.  You'll likely have to use the search bar in the upper right corner to find this command, as it's not found in the default window layout. 

Select csys to locate the curve. 

Use the command multiple times with other csys to create a swept blade surface. 

Connect the curves using the boundary blend tool. 

Does this answer your question?  I'm not sure what you mean by "ribs for an aerofoil".

aputman_0-1702507802800.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:CH_10266577)

To create a rib, make an extrusion, placing the sketch on a plane that the points are on and use project to copy the curve into the sketch.

kdirth_0-1702564141919.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags