cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Zoom Parts

swayam
6-Contributor

Zoom Parts

I just want to know about Zoom to selected func. how they are calualting values of PanX, PanY and PanZoom. Please some one give me a quick answer. Or Any other idea how to get PanX and PanY position.

it's urgent. Attached snapshot of the option.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:swayam)

The Zoom to Selected function will center the part/subassembly in the screen and zoom to the model envelope/size, filling ~75%(?) of the window.  I don't know of any way to get the "PanX, PanY and PanZoom" vaules or exactly how they are calculated. 

The only issue with it is that the model envelope/size takes into account all datums, curves, surfaces, and solids.  This may cause the zoom to be far out and to the side of the actual solid of the part.  A datum far from the solid body will cause this issue.  There are Ideas in the Idea board to ignore the datums for calculating zoom.  Here is a zoom to selected of small part with a CSYS in space:

kdirth_0-1709903885776.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:swayam)

The Zoom to Selected function will center the part/subassembly in the screen and zoom to the model envelope/size, filling ~75%(?) of the window.  I don't know of any way to get the "PanX, PanY and PanZoom" vaules or exactly how they are calculated. 

The only issue with it is that the model envelope/size takes into account all datums, curves, surfaces, and solids.  This may cause the zoom to be far out and to the side of the actual solid of the part.  A datum far from the solid body will cause this issue.  There are Ideas in the Idea board to ignore the datums for calculating zoom.  Here is a zoom to selected of small part with a CSYS in space:

kdirth_0-1709903885776.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags