cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Patterns Tips & Techniques Session Recording (East Coast)

100% helpful (1/1)

Check out this video on Creo Additive MFG from PTC Application Engineers.

Presenters: Jason Petersen (Solution Consultant, Principle)  & Lino Tozzi (Solution Consultant, Fellow) 

Original Date Presented: January 18th , 2024

Comments

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Derek:  Can the standard hole note be modified or customized?

Answer:  Yes, those can be modified/customized.  This link should help:  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS28399?source=search

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Matt: Can you still omit instances?

Answer:  Yes, that is still available.

WEBCAST Q&A

Question from Scott:  Not sure if this will be covered in the assembly patterns, but I'll submit my biggest question/grip with patterns ahead of time.  Often we will pattern groups of components in a higher assembly (i.e. 6 patterns for 6 cylinders on the engine).  The issue with patterns is that once a group is patterned, the group cannot be changed.  So, I cannot delete a part from a group that is patterned.  I'm using Creo 7 but moving to Creo 10 soon.  Does Creo have this functionality in Creo 10 or will it be in the future?

Answer:  Not with Creo 10.  This would be a future enhancement.

Question from Scott:  Another feature I'd love to be more efficient with is patterning a table.  Any efficiency or UI tips with using that table would be appreciated.  The window that pops up to edit the table seems a bit clunky, but maybe I'm just not sure how to use it efficiently.  

Answer: There is no new functionality for table patterns.  This is a future enhancement.

Question from Scott:  Can you confirm what you selected to pattern?  I think I missed that.  Did you select the Foot_support group from the model tree?

Answer:  That was a part.  It was all the parts merged into one.

Version history
Last update:
‎Jan 19, 2024 04:24 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Contributors