cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

STEP files

AS_9976907
5-Regular Member

STEP files

How to merge multiple STEP files generated for let say CAB assembly in Creo using code.

5 REPLIES 5

I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial post. For example, screenshots are useful to better understand what you are trying to do and will also increase your chance to receive meaningful help from other Community members.
Thanks for using the PTC Community!

Regards,
Andra
AS_9976907
5-Regular Member
(To:achirila)

Here is, what I am trying to achieve, I have various STEP files having ENGINE CAD models in .asm format. Let say crankshaft, piston, ring, cylinder etc. Now how to merge these multiple STEP files having .asm into single .asm in STEP format.

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:AS_9976907)

One of the premises of the API is that if an operation can be performed from the User Interface then it is likely achievable from the API.

Consequently the question you need to answer is : what do you need to do from the UI perspective.
From that you will know whether / how to do it from the API perspective.

AS_9976907
5-Regular Member
(To:remy)

So you mean to say, if my client is able to import all the STEP files successfully in Creo then I should be able to able to merge those individual STEP files too using API right ?

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:AS_9976907)

It's likely.
Does not mean that one function exists to perform it all in one call though.
Simply that Creo Toolkit functions reflect Creo Parametric existing UI commands. 

The statement is not reversible though: because it can be performed from the UI does not necessarily mean that it is doable from the API.

Top Tags