cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Add Tag description to MQTT values

HG_8438682
7-Bedrock

Add Tag description to MQTT values

Hi,

I've setup a MQTT client sending values from different Tags. Is there a way to add the Tag description as they are setup in the Device, to the MQTT message? I've already tried adding @|TAGDESCRIPTION| to the message but this is not recognized.

thanks

H.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@HG_8438682 

The Tag Description can be added to the MQTT message by adding the variable | DESCRIPTION|. There is no need to add the "@" symbol and "TAG" to the variable. Here is a link to page in the manual that covers the use of | DESCRIPTION|. Please note the | DESCRIPTION| variable can be found in the Advanced Template which  is a drop-down selection in the Message Format field.

https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/c5c35697-8a91-4273-8077-b28fe5d60d8c/iot-gateway-manual.pdf#page=37

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@HG_8438682 

The Tag Description can be added to the MQTT message by adding the variable | DESCRIPTION|. There is no need to add the "@" symbol and "TAG" to the variable. Here is a link to page in the manual that covers the use of | DESCRIPTION|. Please note the | DESCRIPTION| variable can be found in the Advanced Template which  is a drop-down selection in the Message Format field.

https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/c5c35697-8a91-4273-8077-b28fe5d60d8c/iot-gateway-manual.pdf#page=37

Thanks,

*Chris

Thanks @cmorehead

I found out that in v6.10 which I was running, the description can only be added in the Template field not in the Values field. As of v6.13 this should be solved and | DESCRIPTION| can be used both as Template & Expansion of Values.

thanks

H.

Top Tags