cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Could you Please help for the a batch script to copy the kepware .opf from one system to another?

BRangi
7-Bedrock

Could you Please help for the a batch script to copy the kepware .opf from one system to another?

Hello Team,

We want to synchronize two Kepware project Automatically for Redundancy purpose, In PTC Knowledgse base we have checked the  Article CS353352 (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS353352) Where they have mentioend this below line. 

• Workaround: use a batch script to copy the .opf from one system to another, and then through the Config API call the endpoint to replace the project

For that Your help require if nay sample or example or any reference link is available how to make Batch file for Kepware *.opf file?  As I know this active Backup file run on System Program data Folder. So how we can achieve this requirement? 

Best Regards,

Bhadresh Rangi

4 REPLIES 4

That is without question one of the most important features I can't believe they have not yet addressed, I've been asking for it since 2012

@BRangi,

Although Kepware does not have any batch scrips examples readily available, I recommend opening an enhancement request to engage the Kepware Product Management team. Here is a link on how to submit an enhancement request:

Article - CS295047 - How to open an Enhancement Request for PTC Kepware Products

Kepware also has developed a potential solution to scale out sever deployments and it's called Kepware+. Here is a link to the Kepware+ product page:

(1)Kepware+ Industrial Connectivity SaaS | PTC New Messages! (ptc.com)

I recommend opening a support ticket with Kepware to assist with the initial use of Kepware+. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened.:

Thanks,

*Chris

Hello @cmorehead 

Thank you for the update. I have opened case to PTC team case ID: C17323207.

But, I'm having question for this below green highlighted line. Because we have made the Batch script to copy the file from one place to other place. 

Workaround: use a batch script to copy the .opf from one system to another, and then through the Config API call the endpoint to replace the project. 

How to Call config API from endpoint because I have checked below snapshot but I'm blank how to configure it, if you could help me here to solve this issue. You can create test environment from your end if you demonstrate me then I'll do it myself and learn new thing. 

BRangi_0-1714619745589.png

Best Regards,

Bhadresh Rangi

@BRangi

You would need a third-party API Platform application like Postman. Here is a link to Kepware training video that covers the use of Postman with the Configuration API:

Configuration API (youtube.com)

Here is also a link to some example scripts:

Kepware-Example-Scripts/Config API at master · PTCInc/Kepware-Example-Scripts · GitHub

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags