cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How can i convert decimal value to ascii Character with kepwareEx Server?

SK_9135781
2-Guest

Hi~ all. 

I'm Kim. 

I'm inquiring because there is a function I need while setting KepwareExServer up.

PLC only send string value by ascii code
(ASCII numbers to srting.)

for example value 65 to 'A' or 065066 to 'AB'

I would like to thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Take a look - "Is there a way to convert decimal data coming from a Siemens PLC to ASCII in Kepware/Thingworx": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Kepware/Is-there-a-way-to-convert-decimal-data-coming-from-a-Siemens-PLC/td-p/922210 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Take a look - "Is there a way to convert decimal data coming from a Siemens PLC to ASCII in Kepware/Thingworx": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Kepware/Is-there-a-way-to-convert-decimal-data-coming-from-a-Siemens-PLC/td-p/922210 

Thank you for reply.

but i already tested above method. that is not what i want.

is there any method using advanced Tag function?

Advanced Tag > derrived tag > Function TAG(Simulator.Device1.Tag1)  is not convert Ascii decimal to ascii code convert function.

(Ex. 65 --> 'A')

Hello @SK_9135781,

It looks like you have some responses on your topic. If it helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Greetings,

Does this Post answers your question.  For the benefit of other Community Members who may have the same question, it would be great if you could designate it as the Accepted Solution.

In the event that this response did not answer your question, please post your current status so that we can continue to support.

Thanks for using the PTC Community!

Regards,

Mohit

Top Tags