cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

KepServerEx - Configure OPC UA device endpoint behind NAT device

LFurini
3-Visitor

KepServerEx - Configure OPC UA device endpoint behind NAT device

Hello!

I'm configuring a PLC device inside a local network (a S7-1500 with endpoint opc.tcp://192.168.0.190:49320) and already configured a NAT device to translate the local IP for a public IP at the VLAN (10.10.230.235).

From my server I can ping the NAT but when I try to configure it into Kepware (installed at the same server) it doesn't find any available endpoints. I tried also to configure it using "Discovery Server" function.

Any ideas in how to configure a endpoint behind a NAT address?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LFurini 

Kepware has a couple of knowledge base articles that covers the use of NAT devices with Kepware products. Here is a link to the articles which only require a free "My Kepware" account login credentials to access.

Article - CS320299 - NAT devices in PTC Kepware Products

Article - CS307824 - OPC UA Client driver fails to connect to OPC UA server in PTC Kepware Products

As the articles suggest, there will need to be some port forwarding required for the connection to work.

Thanks,

*Chris 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@LFurini 

Kepware has a couple of knowledge base articles that covers the use of NAT devices with Kepware products. Here is a link to the articles which only require a free "My Kepware" account login credentials to access.

Article - CS320299 - NAT devices in PTC Kepware Products

Article - CS307824 - OPC UA Client driver fails to connect to OPC UA server in PTC Kepware Products

As the articles suggest, there will need to be some port forwarding required for the connection to work.

Thanks,

*Chris 

Hi @cmorehead 

At the end I didn't arrived to configure the port forwarding, but as the NAT rule says it worked 1:1.

I used the structure like this:

opc.tcp://<NAT CONFIGURED IP>:<ORIGINAL ENDPOINT PORT>

Thanks a lot for you support!

Top Tags