cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Kepserver Ex License Error 6011

ML_8804148
3-Visitor

Kepserver Ex License Error 6011

When attempting to activate my Kepserver Licence by loading a Request File to generate a Response File, I get the following error and no response file is generated.

Error: - callout failed with reason - Error processed during activation: 6011:Attribute Trusted Host Entity is required in the definition of {1}.

This is after repairing a Trusted Storage error by following CS313362 and CS293892. Installation is  now appearing as "new" with no activated license, and license key has been reset on MyKepware and is showing 1 activation available. No issues generating the request file. No Internet connection is available from the machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

** FIXED **

This error appears it may be version related.

Remote server had KepserverEx v 6.4.321.0 installed. I was unable to update this myself due to system security (no ftp permissions).

I was able to have the customer's IT upload the install pack for v 6.12, and proceeded to do a complete uninstall of 6.4, deleted the Flexnet files, and then a clean install of v 6.12. I was immediately able to successfully active the license.

*Note - I am unsure if the deletion of the Flexnet files was required in this instance, but completed this step as a precautionary measure.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Read the following article - "How to request License Activation ID reset in PTC Kepware Products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs303223 

wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:ML_8804148)

We need license number and request file for investigation which should be done with support case. Can you open a technical support case by steps of below article?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs303223 

ML_8804148
3-Visitor
(To:wcui)

Kepware Case C16529759.

CS293892 does not fix the 6011 error upon activation request.

** FIXED **

This error appears it may be version related.

Remote server had KepserverEx v 6.4.321.0 installed. I was unable to update this myself due to system security (no ftp permissions).

I was able to have the customer's IT upload the install pack for v 6.12, and proceeded to do a complete uninstall of 6.4, deleted the Flexnet files, and then a clean install of v 6.12. I was immediately able to successfully active the license.

*Note - I am unsure if the deletion of the Flexnet files was required in this instance, but completed this step as a precautionary measure.

Top Tags